Sunday, September 06, 2009

I had my last day at work today. And it was...good, I guess. I was simultaneously the worst employee and best boss ever. I bought chocolates and magazines, I let everyone do nothing, and I tried on makeup. All day. So now I have lovely new lipsticks [there's nothing better than a brand new lipstick, all sharp and pointy, right?] and leftover chocolates, which my sister has had to physically take away from me.

Yet I'm in two minds about how I feel. I'm a little bit sad that I'm leaving such a good job behind, where I could pretty much do what I wanted, and not have to answer to anyone, but...look what I have ahead of me! In two days I will be:
  • Moved into my breath-taking new flat.
  • Reunited with all my clothes [oh, how I have missed you, leggings I have stolen from my sister]
  • Seeing Fleet Foxes live with a fabulous blonde.

Who could ask for anything more? Lying on my bed, nails painted in a new navy blue, bubblegum lipstick on, parents shouting me down for dinner. I can't complain, really.

Apparently, I can. My mother just served up some hideous dog food under the name of 'hot pot'. Suddenly very glad for the nutrition of chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. fleet foxes?!!??! so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got back from seeing them - Blitzen Trapper supported! Absolutely incredible, mind blowing. Up there with Bon Iver as one of the best acts I've seen live. Robin (main guy) came back to do an encore of Katie Cruel completely acoustic and Oliver James & Blue Ridge Mountains. I want to see them again!

    ReplyDelete