Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Coffee coffee coffee, keep it coming



Hi folks - it's that time of year again! Yep, exam time. Some of you may even be lucky enough to have already finished for the summer, and to those people I say - "What are you doing here?". This is a strictly revision-only zone, no time for frivolities or joviality or japes or capers. That's capers the 'playful skipping movement' not edible capers. Those capers are very welcome.

What have I been doing to inspire such strict motivation? Absolutely nothing - that's the point. Lunchtime revision sessions turn into chain drinking free refills of coffee and gossiping sessions. Early nights turn into stay up til 5am to find out if your best friend has appendicitis nights. Even earlier nights are waylaid by watching trashy trashy programs about girls 'rinsing' gifts from guys. Did anyone else see that?






And then, on Monday evening, tragedy struck. Something happened, something so terrible that even now I find it hard to talk about. I feel like I have lost a little piece of my heart.

I dropped my iPod in the toilet.

Disclaimer: It was a clean toilet, thank you very much.

Without even thinking about it, my hand shot straight in there to rescue it, the kind of mindless act of heroism that I'm sure any mother would do for their child. I rapidly dried it [him?] off, praying to Steve Jobs that everything would turn out alright, and then I buried him in a bowl of rice. Wholegrain rice, because I'm healthy like that.


Two days later, and I'm still waiting it out. Too nervous to turn him back on. In honour of my iPod [after whom this blog is named, of course], here are some more chilled out tunes.

The Oh Hello's - Cold Is The Night
Half Moon Run - Full Circle
Passenger - Things That Stop You Dreaming
Rocky Votolato - Little Spring

In case you haven't realised, I'm being overly dramatic. But still, gutted, eh?




25 comments:

  1. Reading those words, my heart literally beat faster. I hope it's ok!
    (Side note: yes a thousand times to the title.)

    Zia
    singing-blue.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god. My ipod died one day after it drowned in my backpack (my bottle leaked). I don't think I'm still over that. I dedicated a whole blogpost to it. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dropped my phone, which is only slightly less tragic, into a clean toilet (at home!). I lost all my contacts, which was horrible. What is even more horrible is that I haven't learned how to back up the new one yet so I don't suffer the same fate. I am having a moment of silence now in your honor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I can't listen to the songs! It says "limit exceeded". I am sure you are much too busy saving lives to bother about that at the moment....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? On the stream pad at the bottom? Not sure what's going on, it seems to be working on my mac. Anyone else having this problem? Try downloading them to listen, Maggie - right-click save link as [I promise they're worth downloading]

      Delete
  5. Oh no, poor Ipod!I hope everything turns out okay and good luck on your exams :) Is that peanut butter and banana? I love those sandwiches! And yup, I would be weird enough to be curious about that, oh jeez! I haven't heard of any of the bands so I'm excited to give them a listen. Thanks for sharing! If you get a break you should check out my blog: http://writergurl-ink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to give you a quick update. I listened to those trackes and I loved them! You have good taste from what I can tell. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do try...
      And YES peanut butter and banana aka the best breakfast ever, with a drizzle of honey on top. The only thing is making sure that other people don't eat all my breakfast bananas. Can't live without my breakfast bananas. x

      Delete
  7. Alright now I want starbucks lol

    http://missbitchxox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I quite understand! I do not know what I would do if something like that happened to me...btw I loved those tracks...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excuse me? There's been a month since you last wrote something, and I really need your music okay?
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Voila, a new post, instigated by you! If I get a bit lazy, give me a sharp poke/comment again x

      Delete
  10. Oh my goodness is that a peanutbutter-and-banana sandwhich? That is my favorite meal, ever. That bunny cookie is adorable and I hope your ipod is ok!!



    d a n i e l l e | daniellewu.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I get so upset when it comes to iPod repair! DOes the rice trick work like an iPhone..? I hope you got it fixed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. where can i buy that Starbucks mug?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I have really enjoyed

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those things do happen. At least it wasn't something that would slip and get away from you. That would have caused more problems and believe me, you don't want to think about how stressful that could get.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wanted to give you a quick update. I listened to those trackes and I loved them! You have good taste from what I can tell. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i am interestingly here.keep sharing like it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Routers are small electronic devices that connect multiple computer networks together via either wired or wireless connections. if any query to related Router then you can contact D-Link Customer Service Number

    ReplyDelete