Friday, April 16, 2010


I have a flat! It seems so weird to say it, after endless months of searching, and trials and tribulations, and threats of ridiculous mortgages, but I have a flat! I mean, okay, yeah, I do actually have a flat that I'm living in now, but this is a new flat.

New flat = fresh ideals. I'm now free to daydream and imagine impromptu sleepovers, and making grottos out of bed sheets and fairy lights, and canopies sheltering beds, and themed nights, and face paints, and all those lovely things I aimed to do this year but never quite got round to. Almost makes up for the absolute stress of racing to estate agencies on my own.

So I spent the afternoon trying to let it all sink in [no, it hasn't quite sunk yet], full of this 'I can do anything' attitude - you can very well imagine me swaggering about the streets of Edinburgh in my tan trench coat, feeling very film noir heroine. Filled my hours with me time, which [if you're me] involves a hell of a lot of cooking: I absolutely decimated a chicken, spent about 2 hours making 'emergency' chicken soup [2 hours and a massive soup pan = one measly bowl of soup. Gah.], made shakshuka to remind me of my Gap Yah, and then faithlessly reproduced Phish Food with a bog standard icecream. All far more productive activities than revising, I can assure you.

I am currently obsessed with:
The First Days of Spring by Noah and the Whale, vintage eye masks, flaked sea salt, planning picnics with wicker baskets, monocles, procrastination, jelly, hoarding food like a squirrell, making plans for summer that I probably will not follow through.

Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. I'm relying on this song to get me through every break-up I ever have to endure.

    How fucking good is that fiddle line???????
    Very fucking good.

    ReplyDelete