Monday, January 18, 2010



I love it when you really connect with characters in a book. When they do something stupid, or reckless, and you find yourself worried and biting your lip, forgetting that none of this is reality. That sense of everything falling into place, almost vindication, when all the loose ends are tied up. I've read a couple of books recently that I've really gotten into, more than I usually do. I read the Stieg Larsson trilogy, which is just incredible, all those twists and unexpected plotlines and bits that make you sit back and just go "Gosh." in your head.

And I'm currently reading Scarlett Thomas' first novel, PopCo, which is...bizarre. And amazing. And informative. And written in such a distinctive way, I've read her second book, and it's all very 'her'.

I'm a little sickly at the minute, but nothing can't be solved with the help of a bowl of soup, a good book, and a heavy dose of flu-medication.

No comments:

Post a Comment