Sunday, November 29, 2009



Hand-rolling truffles is an infinitely more pleasurable task than learning about lipid metabolism. Sticky, luscious, melt-in-your-fingers truffles vs chylomicron remnants? No contest.

It's my best friend's birthday on Wednesday, and I'm making her a lovely box of pampering goodies; Starbucks mug, vanilla syrup, mini marshmallows etc etc, and a little box of handmade truffles. I made mocha truffles, vanilla white chocolate ones, and some oreo truffles as well, and then rolled and dipped them to my heart's content. My stomach does not thank me for it. Oh, and then I dusted them with edible gold powder - how sweet!

I'm off to do some yoga and stretching now, trying to feel less like a person dipped in chocolate, and more like a person only slightly full of chocolate.

Here's a little soupcon of songs, for when you've indulged a little too much, feeling quite lethargic, needing a musical version of some coddling before a probable early night with a cup of something milky.
First Aid Kit - Tangerine
She & Him - Sweet Darlin'
Kings Of Convenience - Love Is No Big Truth
Iron & Wine - Love Vigilantes
Brandi Carlile - The Heartache Can Wait
OneRepublic - Lullaby
Sander Bohlke - The Weight Of Us
Sweet Honey In The Rock - Wade In The Water



No comments:

Post a Comment