Wednesday, September 02, 2009

In less than a week, I'm [finally] moving into my new flat in Edinburgh, and escaping from my home. Cue random outbursts of grinning at strangers, singing along to the radio, and general happiness. It's not so much that I don't like living with my family [well, just a little bit], it's more than I can't wait for my next big adventure: being a proper adult, with a proper flat, proper bills, and proper responsibilities.

Small things, like having all my bits and pieces in one place, or being able to cook what I want whenever, seem like tiny steps on the road to adulthood, and though these are steps that I have been waiting, or longing for....it is all quite fast. Hurtling at 100mph into that big wide world, becoming responsible for more than just me.

But I'm trying not to think about that distant future, and I am determined to live day to day, revelling in tiny espressos, junk shop finds, tantalising snippets of gossip, the pleasure of a job well done.

So here's a little playlist for when that blend of happiness, excitement and nerves just bursts through and you can't help but grin and do a little dance.

1. When She's Near - The Fiction Family
2. Brighter Than Sunshine - Aqualung
3. Birdhouse In Your Soul - They Might Be Giants
4. Carby (ft. Ezra Koening) - Discovery
5. Your Easy Lovin' Ain't Pleasin' Nothin - Mayer Hawthorne
6. The Ledge - Fleetwood Mac
7. Waking Up In Vegas - Katy Perry
8. Toothpaste Kisses - The Maccabees
9. Dream - Alice Smith
10. Magic Girl - Sleepy Rebels

1 comment: